But as for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.
Deliver me from sinking in the mire; let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters.
Psalm 69:13-14
I know I haven't blogged in a month and a half. I wish I had something to update. We are currently waiting for the Minister of Justice to assign us a judge who will then sign us a court date. The caveat is that court is currently closed until September 15. Twenty-three more days until court re-opens.
In the meantime, I have tried to throw myself into home projects and the beginning of our school year. The week it was announced that court was closing for more than a month, I took apart the half bathroom and we repainted the walls and vanity. I'm about to start on the living room. I have immersed myself in putting together eighth grade, fifth grade, and preschool. I have printed, laminated, read, typed, planned, and organized. We have celebrated birthdays, gone to the pool, ridden bikes, completed a swim team season, and started a second swim season. However, no matter how I busy myself, I can not escape the fact that Baby O's case is in a holding pattern.
For several weeks, I tried to just forget about it. I tried to ignore the whole situation. "God is good," I would tell myself, "I don't need to even think about this because He is holding this in His hand." The truth is, He is good. He's got this. However, God will use our circumstances to draw us closer to Him. Honestly, by trying to ignore everything, I've been pushing Him away. I haven't wanted to talk to Him about it. Events haven't happened on my timeline, so I didn't want to talk to Him until He told me what I wanted to hear.
Today, however, I realize that while I thought I was treading water, I was really just sinking further into the mire. The mire of my own impatience. The mire of my own timeline. My own anxiety. Often, our mire, enemies, and deep water aren't external, they're our own thoughts and expectations.
There are times in our lives where we just want God to show up and answer our prayers. Right now is that time for me. I just want Him to show Himself and answer my prayers the way I want. The reality is, the biblical truth is, I need to draw myself closer to Him and allow Him to deliver me from the sinking mire. I need to trust Him with the care of my son. My faith does not lie in the courts. My faith does not lie in the Minister of Justice. My faith is not in the orphanage workers. My busy-ness will not cover up my need for faith.
While I wait, let me busy myself with something that will have an eternal importance. I'd like to introduce two sweet boys who are also in the same country as our Baby O:
This is Silas. He is seven years old and has a few very manageable medical needs. He enjoys receiving individual attention from the orphanage staff. He is looking for a forever family. If you are interested in finding out more about him, please click here and request more information from Reece's Rainbow.
This sweet boy is Brice. He is four years old and has been diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. He is able to walk, run, climb stairs, and play with his peers. He is also looking for his forever family. If you are interested in finding out more about him, please click here and request more information from Reece's Rainbow.
While I have struggled with our time of waiting, I don't ever want to discourage anyone from following the path of adoption. The road may be long at times, but the time is going to pass regardless. These kids have been waiting for longer than the process will eventually take, and each one needs to be delivered from the mire.


A beautiful post. God has the timing....we just have to be patient and wait for it! Praying for you and baby "O".
ReplyDelete