Exactly one week from now, the Daddy Guy and I will be on a plane, crossing the Atlantic Ocean to London. Then, we'll switch planes and head a little farther east to our sweet son's country. On Mother's Day, we will be in the same city as our baby. We will be taken to his orphanage on Monday morning. It seems so surreal.
We're getting things together for our trip. I'm having to guess at what kind of clothing to take. It was warm there last week, but it is looking like it may be a little cooler and rainy while we're there. We may be walking a lot of places, too, so we need to be prepared for that.
In addition to the things we will personally need, I'm also putting together an assortment of toys for him. We'll be able to go visit and play twice a day, and I want to bring some things that will capture his attention. Plus, he's never had anything that belongs to him. He's never had his own toys or clothing. Everything he has ever used has belonged to the orphanage, and therefore shared with everyone. If I can, I want to leave the toys with the orphanage so that maybe his groupa can play with them. I'm hoping to be able to leave a lovey, a blanket, a crib toy, and a photo album of our family just for him. I need to know that he has a piece of his mommy and daddy with him until we can come back to get him.
As for leaving him, I'm already heartbroken thinking about it. We've worked for months just to get to go see him, and we finally will. We're going to savor every minute we're there, and it's just going to have to last us these final months until we can break him free and bring him home.
I still can't believe we have less than 168 hours before we're on a plane to meet him. EEEEKKK!!!!
This makes me want to cry Holly! I am so excited for you and praying! Love you Friend, Kimberly
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your love story,
ReplyDeleteYou are in our prayers,
God bless,
Ines and Willy Wallace
(We are also adopting through Reece's Rainbow)
http://takeourhearts.blogspot.com/