The past few weeks have been something of a blur. The reality of bringing Dalton home has set in. We're furiously working on our home study and should finish very soon. We're already lining up documents to put together our dossier. We do have some plans for fundraisers and hope to get those started soon.
In the meantime, the kids and I have started a new school year. The kids have done an awesome job of falling back into our routine. I'm really proud of them. Big Guy has really stepped up and risen to the challenge that his school work has presented. Next week, he starts a physical science class that will meet once a week and he'll have work to complete at home. He has decided to take a step back from swimming this fall, which was difficult, but it has allowed him to try some new things. He'll continue with guitar, but he and Sweet Girl are going to be taking ice skating lessons. The awesome part of this is that both kids will be at the SAME activity on the SAME day at the SAME time. Yippee!!! Sweet Girl will be taking art classes in addition to the ice skating, and I'm hoping that will help bring out more of her natural talent.
Our homeschool co-op has started again as well. We use Tapestry of Grace, and having a group of like-minded people to gather with has been invaluable. This year is a little different because I'm teaching preschool, so I'm spending lots of time with Little Guy on Fridays. We're having a great time with another family with a preschooler. The older kids are getting a great time of enrichment with the older kids. I especially appreciate the fellowship that Big Guy gets with boys his age and older who are a good influence on him.
In the midst of all of the paperwork and schoolwork, we have had the joy of thinking about Dalton and what it will mean to bring him home. We're currently trying to decide on a name for him. Dalton is actually not his real name, it's just what the lovely ladies at Reece's Rainbow decided to call him in the meantime. We are leaning towards keeping his birth name and possibly using a nickname. I don't want to confuse the poor kiddo any more than he already will be!
We've now got a link to our financial support page with Reece's Rainbow on our sidebar. I can not say enough good things about Reece's Rainbow and the work that they're doing for orphans with special needs. The fate that these kids face if they aren't adopted is mind-boggling, and these ladies are working as hard as they can to find families. We appreciate everything they do.
I'm off to get my kiddos in the bed and begin my weekend. I hope you enjoy yours, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment